Note: The content in this post is related to AppPresser 2. For AppPresser 3, please refer to our documentation
We are always working hard on improving AppPresser, and we get really busy responding to your support requests and writing new code. We don’t always do a good job letting you know about new stuff, so here’s an attempt to fix that.
We’ve released a ton of minor updates to our products, along with some new features. Here’s what’s new over the last month or two.
AppAnalytics is a new extension that allows you to track your app visits through Google Analytics. It’s a little tricky to track app visits separately from website visits when you are using the site in the app itself. We made this extension to help you get accurate data on your app usage.
New Extension Features
We got a lot of requests for this feature. The swiper now has a custom URL field that allows you to link slides to a custom page in your app. You can also choose to have your slides not linked at all by adding a ‘#’ in the custom url field. Learn more.
The geolocation extension allows your app users to post their location or check-in at specified places. You can now display a Google Map that shows all of the places your app users have checked-in with pins on the map using the [appp-map] shortcode.
We recently released a new extension to use AdMob advertising in your app. Learn more.
Our core plugin settings page got a facelift a few months back, now it’s organized better and easier to navigate.
This update is a few months old, but it’s really cool. You can enter a custom url when you send a push notification, to direct app users to a specific page in your app, or a custom external url. AppPush also supports rich HTML pushes through Pushwoosh, all of these features require a paid account. Learn more.
You guys have requested segmented push notifications for a while, and they are coming! This allows app users to subscribe to certain categories (such as sports or business), and only receive notifications from that category. We are still in the process of building this feature, so no release date yet, but it won’t be long.
Misc Product Updates
We spend a ton of time each day fixing bugs and improving AppPresser in ways that you may never see. Here are some of the minor updates that have been released recently.
- Add BuddyPress template for messaging
- Fix CSS width issues with oembed in BuddyPress posts
- Improve how AppSwiper handles external links
- Fix RTL menu arrows
- Fix the menu from closing when using the search field
- Fix login modal scrolling
- Fix iOS bug with fixed position on .site-footer
- AppPush loadAjaxContent fix
- Add missing icons for woocommerce
- Rename css .spinner to avoid conflicts
- Add fix to FastClick for textarea
- Improve copy/paste iOS issues on the AppBuddy login form
- Fix CSS related to menu nav icons and content margin
- Improve regex when loading localized variables
- Misc. updates related to bp-legacy templates
- Add filter to allow developers to remove header button
- Fix js that made it appear user’s could post activity to other pages
- Fix home URL when WordPress is installed in a directory
AppPresser core plugin
- Allow developers to configure external links to not show the app theme.
- Improve logic when using In-App browser for external URLs to decipher relative links, tel: and mail: and other protocols.
- Update to PhoneGap Build cli-6.1.0
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements
Along with all of this, we also have some really big stuff coming that we can’t really talk about yet. Just know that you’ll be excited to be an AppPresser customer over the next several months 🙂