We completely rewrote our LearnDash integration from scratch to make your courses faster, smoother, and more immersive for your students. It’s now in beta and ready for you to test in your own apps.
The main focus was performance, and it is a huge improvement. Moving away from iFrames to an API based infrastructure allows courses to be viewed much faster, and makes navigation smoother and more native. Your students will love it.
- Faster and more immersive
- All core LearnDash features like progress, mark complete, lessons, topics, quizzes
- Login and registration, enrollment in free courses
- In App Purchases available (limited)
- API based for speed
An important thing to note is that because this is all API based, your app will not pull in any customizations or 3rd party plugin functionality from your site. You can customize a little bit with CSS and template hooks.
Try it Out
The Learn AppPresser app has been updated so you can try out all the new stuff on your device.
This video includes LearnDash, BuddyPress, blog posts, and in app purchase demos.
Our old LearnDash integration relied heavily on iFrames, which wasn’t the most native experience. Now LearnDash courses are entirely API based (with the exception of quizzes).
We are using a mixture of the LearnDash REST API and our own custom API. Using the API means big performance increases, but it is a trade-off with less customization. Because the templates are all on the app side now, it’s not as easy to customize or add 3rd party plugin functionality. We think this trade-off is worth it.
- Courses, lessons, topics, and quizzes
- All course statuses like open, free, etc
- Protecting content with membership plugin
- Sync all progress with website instantly
- Same login for app and website
- Free registration in app
- One in app purchase that unlocks any course or courses
- Enroll in free courses
- Certificates require 3rd party plugin to email them
- Display courses by category
- Display only my courses after logged in
- Assignments and grading
- Drip content
If you don’t see the feature you are looking for, please email us.
The following features are not supported yet, but we plan on adding them in the future.
- Offline courses (limited offline functionality coming soon)
- Search courses
- Gamipress integration
- Private video hosting
- Display timing for video progression
- Multiple in app purchase subscription tiers
Existing customers will find new LearnDash blocks in their page builder. Please be sure to rebuild your preview and update your AppLMS plugin if you are not seeing things correctly.
See our documentation for full setup instructions.