You want to turn your website into a mobile app. We’re here to help. In this guide, you’ll find the information and links you need to get your project off and running!
What is AppPresser?
AppPresser is an app builder that specializes in integrating WordPress. It includes several WordPress plugins and a theme that perform special functions like integration with your favorite custom plugins.
How does it work?
Login to our cloud based visual app builder, and create and customize your app.
Add our WordPress plugins and theme to your WordPress site for extra features like WooCommerce, BuddyPress, device camera uploads, push notifications, geolocation, and more.
When you are ready, build your app automatically for device testing, and submit to the app stores.
Learn more on our features page.
What do I need?
AppPresser can be purchased in one of four bundles. Picking the right one depends on the type of app you’re looking to build.
The Starter bundle is great for simple apps without a lot of native app feature requirements. It includes our WordPress theme, push notifications and 1 year of support and updates.
Want to sell products directly through your app? The Woo bundle provides easy integration for your WooCommerce store. It includes the Ion theme, a couple WooCommerce add-ons and a year of support and updates.
If you plan on creating apps for clients, or simply want to have access to the greatest number of add-ons, the Agency bundle is what you’re looking for. It includes the Ion theme, 10 add-ons, a year of support and updates, and 25 licenses.
For details and pricing information on all our bundles, check out the pricing page.
Setting things up
Once you’ve purchased AppPresser, you’ll need to install and configure the plugin and add-ons. The video below will walk you through that process.
From Site to App
At this point, you probably already have a WordPress site you’re looking to turn into an app. This blog post will walk you through the process. If you’re more of a visual learner, the video below may be more your speed.
Testing your app
After you’ve started building your app, the next step is to test it out. AppPresser provides a few ways to test your app.
- AppPresser provides an option to allow logged-in admin users the ability to see the app in their browser. This is a quick and easy way to get a feel for the colors, menus, and content.
- To test iOS native functionality, you will need to build your app with PhoneGap Build and provisioned device key in order to download the app to your phone. Detailed instructions on that process can be found here.
Submitting your app
Woohoo, your app is done! Now it’s time to make it available to the world!
Submitting your app to the iOS store can be an exercise in hoop jumping. We’ve provided extensive documentation on that process.
If you would rather not go through the submission process yourself, we do offer an app submission service as an alternative.
We want to make sure you have all the help you need to get your app built. Here are a few of the resources you may find helpful during the process.
- AppPresser online documentation. Here you will find documentation on the core AppPresser plugin and each of the add-on extensions. And for you developers, we’ve got code snippets and additional documentation to help you customize your apps even further.
- AppPresser Blog. Our blog contains tutorials on many aspects of AppPresser and mobile apps in general.
- YouTube video channel. The AppPresser video channel contains several walk-through videos for using, configuring and working with AppPresser.
- Email support. Purchase any of the AppPresser bundles, and you automatically get 1 full year of support along with a year of product updates.
We love to talk AppPresser (and all things WordPress, too!!)
When we’re not working on AppPresser, we love being part of the WordPress community. You can frequently find us speaking at WordCamps or local meetups all over the world. Here are links to just a small portion of our team member’s presentations at WordPress events: Scott, Brad, Brian, Lisa, John
Have a question?
Still not positive AppPresser is right for you? We’d love to hear from you. Let us know how we can help you make your decision.
Everything you need to know about AppPresser in 4 days
Learn how AppPresser works, and how it can help you get a great mobile app published quickly and affordably. Get 1 email each day for 4 days.