The first quarter of 2022 went by fast, here’s what we’ve been working on.
tl;dr – we’ve been making lots of updates, but there are no breaking changes, carry on as usual!
Google is requiring all new apps to be updated for AndroidX later this year, so we have been hard at work making these updates. This was a big undertaking, as it required almost every dependency to be updated and tested. This includes:
- Updating cordova-android and cordova-ios versions
- Updating all cordova plugins (and changing to new plugins as needed)
- Updating Angular and Ionic
- Updating almost all node modules
- Updating Bitrise workflows for new Android SDK
This is probably too much information, suffice it to say it was a lot of work but it’s done now! We started with a slow rollout of these updates to make sure there were no bugs, and now have released to all customers.
What do you have to do?
Nothing! These updates are all seamless, with no breaking changes. You are not required to submit a new version of your app to Google Play or App Store Connect. Just sleep soundly knowing that if you submit a new app version, all will be up to date.
New Features and Fixes
We don’t have any major new features to announce, but we are always adding little things here and there. Here’s a non-exhaustive list:
- Better handling of PDF links on iframe pages
- Added activity date for BP/BB
- Fix LearnDash topic completed redirect
- Fixes for anchor links and external url links
- Fix commenting on group activities
- Added WooCommerce single product page template hooks
- Improve in app browser toolbar buttons
- Add taxonomy rest path for ap-list