AppPresser March 2019 Update
Just like we said a few weeks back, we want to keep you updated on what is going on with AppPresser for 2019. This is our first installment of regular updates for what’s going on with AppPresser.
Enhancements for AppCommunity
We know you’ve been asking for AppCommunity enhancements and this month we’ve been working on adding images to private messages. This feature should be live in a couple weeks.
We are also making the profile fields editable within the app so that you don’t have to send people back to the desktop to update their profiles. We hope to have this released in the next month or so.
Finally on the AppCommunity front is some under the hood work to migrate everything over to the BuddyPress Core REST API and the JWT authorization methods. That’s JSON Web Token Authorization if you’re curious and want to dig in more to the technical bits. This may take a couple months, since we are waiting for the API to hit BuddyPress core, and then we will migrate over.
Moving forward we’ll continue to bring more features to AppCommunity so that your users don’t have to head back to the desktop to interact with features of your site.
Revamping the AppPresser Site
On our end, we’ve been working on updating the design of AppPresser. As we talked to you over the last few months we identified a few areas where we could make our site more friendly so you can find the information that you need as you’re building apps. Watch for a redesign in the coming months.
More AppPresser Content
On the content front, we’re continuing to brainstorm articles for that will help you build the features you need in your apps. One that has come up a few times is how to add a podcast feed with the ability to play episodes offline, so that’s on the list already. If you have suggestions, we’d love to hear them in the comments.
Finally, we’re working on fixing bugs that have been found in AppPresser.
- (released) Fix LoginModal with Android back button when using force login
- (released) Bug fixes related to the use of the default/stored language setting
- (released) Improve refreshing content in the app
- (released) Create the new app wizard to allow users to select from a variety of page types
- (released) Add autoplay to app’s media list
- (released) Validate app id for Firebase character requirements
- (released) Improve app information and error logging on myapppresser.com
- (released) Add replies to comments in AppCommunity
If you have other questions about what we’re doing at AppPresser, feel free to ask them in the comments and we’ll do our best to get you updated.